andeknits.typepad.com > F.O. 2005

Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

This is a pattern from Chunky Knits Vol. 3 by Patons. I used Phentex acrylic chunky weight doubled throughout in the Silver colourway. I added 5 rows onto the ribbing at the bottom and the cuff. This was started Jan 19th and I completed it Feb 14. I dare say I'm getting faster! Nah, the large needles and the fat yarn really helped. I feel a little like Daphne from Scooby Doo in this!


Krochet Kitty Bed

Krochet Kitty Bed

This is made from some of my wool roving and a 19mm crochet hook. It took a couple of hours as it was hard to handle the giant yarn and the giant hook. Turned out pretty good as the cat, Buddy, likes it and actually sleeps in it.


Crochet Halter Top

Crochet Halter Top

This was a total fluke. I guessed how many stitches to start with and went with it. This is a pattern out of my head and I didn't write it down. Sorry! I encourage anyone to try it out and have fun. This is 100% cotton yarn that I've lost the ball band to. I need another ball to fully complete this, the halter strap needs to be wider as it cuts into my neck.
Started 03/02/05 Completed 03/09/05.


Suede Cardi

Suede Cardi

This is from the Spring/Summer 2005 Knit 1. Knit with Lion Suede from Lion Brand. The yarn is very soft and pettable but a pain to knit. It has no give whatsoever! I picked up all of the same dyelot but one ball was a different shade. I also forgot all of my knitting skills. I decreased at the end of rows, I seamed all wrong and I ended up messing up the collar. I had no desire to rip it back because I didn't care! I doubt I'll be able to wear it knowing all that is wrong with it but you never know. Started 2/21/05 finished 03/30/05.


Crossover Tank

Crossover Tank

This is from Vouge Knitting Summer 2004 issue. This one was a challenge that I stuck with. First, it was coming out too big so I ripped it back. Second, I was running out of yarn. Third, I had to harvest yarn from the hem to finish the top. Fourth, I misread the directions and had to rip back to the front armhole shaping! Finally, it's fini. This is made with a yarn called Fidji that's 100% cotton with a slub. I started this project March 30th and finished May 2nd.


Cleaves Part I

Cleaves Part I

This was a fun little project to do. As soon as I figured out how to cast on at the end of a row I was set! This is made with Schoeller and Stahl Wonderwool 51% wool 49% acrylic blend. Didn't like this yarn. It's a softly spun single that developed a fuzzy halo as you worked the project and became very muppet fuzzy if you had to rip back. This was started May 5th and completed May 20th. Still not sure if I'm going to wear it.


Kyoto

Kyoto

I made this as part of a knitalong group as it was on my list of things I'd like to eventually knit. Knitalong is the way to go! Offers support, keeps you interested in your project and you get to meet some cool people.
This was started May 28th 2005 and completed June 30th 2005. It is made with Paton's Decor (75% acrylic 25% wool) in the Light Sage Green and Burgundy colourways. I used a 3.5mm needle to get gauge. It's a keeper! The bag lady's not getting this one!


Knitted Water Bottle Holder

Knitted Water Bottle Holder

Need I say more? Other than fugly yet functional?


Savary Shores Sweater

Savary Shores Sweater

This was a sort of planned fluke. I had picked up the yarn for this in a different gauge than the pattern called for. I took a chance and knitted the Large size on a smaller needle than specified and no, I did not do a swatch. When I finished it was very tight in the shoulder and the yoke ended up 2 inches shorter than it should. In hindsight I should have added a few extra white rows in the yoke pattern. To solve the snugness I steamed the ever living hell out of the yoke and even snipped a few tight yarns that were carried through the pattern. This is made with Paton's Decor yarn in the Pale Sage Green, Rich Periwinkle, Pale Aubergine and Aran colourways. I started August 28th and finished October 1st


Lacey

Lacey

Lacey, floofy. furry. All things I didn't think I'd like. Why did I do it? I don't know but I do love it! It has me dazzled. She gave me a few problems starting with the yarn that was too furry to rip back. This was made with Luxury Mohair 78% mohair/13% wool/9% nylon blend in the Roma colourway. I started this Oct 29th and completed Dec. 4th.


Pewter Jacket

Pewter Jacket

This was made with a free pattern from the Elann website. As I was making the large size I thought it was coming out a little small. I merrily carried along only to find at the end it did not fit! Luckily I have The Niece who should fit this nicely. I love the stitch variation. I decided that a hood would be more suitable for a teenager and I did buttonbands and buttons because I can't put a zipper in very well. I started this Oct 4, 2005, stalled at the end of November and completed it Dec 19, 2005. This is made with Tahoma from Lang Yarns 50% merino, 25% alpaca, 25% acrylic blend on a 6 mm needle.